emo books & ants
I've been reading the best books - The Undomestic Goddess and Stargirl. Both books had me tucked in bed and devouring the words page after page until I realise it's dawn. And both books squeezed tears out of my eyes. Dammit, maybe I should simply stick to mystery/murder books. At least I won't wake up puffy-eyed.
Anyway, The Undomestic Goddess is about this high-flying lawyer who ran away from her mistake and became a housekeeper by accident. It's so hilarious how she tried to cook and clean and bluff her employers! And then she falls in love with the garden and then the rest was oh-my-gosh-it's-so-sweet! I think guys should read this book too and learn how to be perfect boyfriends!
And my favourite line from the book, "Oh bugger it, I'll just be inconsistnet. I'm a woman, I'm allowed to." Haha! Don't all you girls love it too? :D
It's must-read!
Stargirl is one of those books that you'll never forget about. The only other book I've read in this lifetime that falls under this category is Peacocks Dancing.
The book is about her girl who calls herself Stargirl, drops coins on purpose just so that a kid will pick it up and beam, climbs onto the crossbar during a football match when she cheers, cheers the opposite team, sings everyone birthday songs, leave anonymous gifts, falls in love with a boy, forsaked herself for awhile because she loved the boy so much and responds to a slap with a kiss. She's got so much love in her, it'll definitely get you thinking.
And I discovered my room was infested with ants last night! I was sitting at the computer, happily chatting, when I felt an ant crawling on my hand. So I decided to trace where the ant came from. Eventually I was poking a ruler underneath the built-in slot where my CPU sits AND A WHOLE NEST OF ANTS CAME SCURRYING OUT!
Gosh, I screamed for Mommy the bring the insecticide in while I desperately tried to squeeze all the ants dead and half-fearing that they'll all crawl up my arm and eat me up or something. And finally when all the ants that got thrown out of their comfortable nest underneath my cupboard were murdered, Mommy scattered some white power around the cupboard to kill the ants.
So now I have a whole chunk of rotting corpses of ants in my room. What a refreshing thought. Perhaps once in awhile, it's good to have your heart broken.
No comments:
Post a Comment