This was my first step! I wrapped up a box in which the printer ink refills were delivered in with some Ikea catalouge. It was the X'mas edition and there so many nice big blank pages! :D And I really like how the sun was coming in through the window, and in the picture it looks like the sunlight was coming in through the windows of on the paper as well. Cool eh?And then one of the Sundays I went to Ikea with Mommy and we bought more stuffs to add to my room! Like, boxes as homes to all my small things since I don't happen to have drawers (which is really weird if you think about it), a new full length mirror (makes me really happy!), and other random stuffs such as dividers for wardrobes and so on.
Anyway! I was pretty happy with myself for putting the boxes together (yes, they come as a flat piece) and somehow decided that the insides were too plain. And had the idea of decorating it with some nice cloth. The first one was rather okay, but gosh, by the time I was doing the second one, I really wondered where I get these stupid ideas from because I was ready to tear my hair.
Turned out pretty nice though!
Match the name and contents!

This was the state of my room at 3am when I was half way through packing. Believe me, I wanted to set my room on fire and cry. I was complaining to every single soul on Msn that revamping your room is the worst idea one ever could have. Plus, because of the state my room was in, I told the cleaning lady to leave my room alone, which meant I had to vacuum and mop as well!
You can imagine my horror.

But finally it was done!
Gone was the old dysfunctional CD rack where I store all my junk. :D
The lovliest part of my room by far.
Oh, the card that travelled a few thousand miles back from America with Shiyan.
It says: I'm in no shape to exercise!
Haha, I like!

The proudest corner of my room. (:

And of course, the new mirror!
Yay and my room is somewhat revamped! Right now, I just want pink+yellow/purple+white wallpapers instead of boring soft green paint. And new lights. When I am eventually done studying, I'm gonna take away the desk in front of the windows and have cushioned window seats. And maybe a tatami bed as well. Hahaha!
This whole revamping thing is so fun when you just sit down and think about it. And it's really quite exciting when you get it done! Like two years ago I decided that I didn't want the dresstable anymore and wanted a long, office-like desk instead. But right now, I'm thinking maybe it wasn't such a good idea because there is absolutely NO USE for such a bloody long desk, and I kinda need a dressing table. Oh well, the new mirror will have to do! Heh, my random decisions.
Okay, I know I've just blogged a whole entry, a freaking long one at that, about my room and some of you are probably quite appalled but I think I deserve because afterall I spent hours on it! So let me gloat in its initial cleaniness and neatness for awhile. Believe, "awhile" won't exactly last long. Haha.
Meanwhile, I'm gonna leave my room alone for the next 5 years. It's really your picture I want to put up on my wall.
No comments:
Post a Comment