Saturday, December 02, 2006

earning bucks

earning bucks

There are at least 3 messages in my Inbox from Xia, telling me, reminding me and warning me not to be late. We were supposed to meet at 10.30am at Cityhall. I was running out of the house at 10.27am. Hahaha! Well, I seriously tried very hard! Just that I really couldn't wake up somehow.

In the end I told them to start walking to Marina Square's foodcourt first, and eventually I met them there at 11am. Not too bad la, huh? Even Xia said there was an improvement! I'll keep trying! Tsk, when will I be ON TIME.

So anyways, the few of us - Xia, his twin, Yingwei, Azmi, Mark, Shawn, Amanda and I headed over to Pan Pacific Hotel to start work after brunch. Only to realise that we were free to help ourselves to the buffet there. Haha.

Our jop scope sounded pretty simple. We were simply hired to entertain kids at a Christmas party hosted by ACP Australia for the afternoon, and get paid 30bucks for 5hours. Plus the freedom to sneak out for food in between. I was assigned to the basketball booth. Sounds pretty good eh?
That's what I thought initially too. I was all excited and psyched to earn my very own 30bucks by spending an afternoon being an angel with kids. It was easy when there were only 2 boys running around, being cute and playing ball with me. And then when more kids started pouring in, it felt like cuteness overload for awhile. I emphasize: AWHILE.

After that it became abit of a nightmare. Having kids jumping around you, throwing balls at you, missing the hoop so far off that the ball rolls to the other side of the room, parents complaining that the line is too far away from the hoop and how their kids won't be able to cope, grandfathers insisting on shooting the ball for their grandkids, spoilts brats who were plain rude to their maids, and it goes on. Gosh, do I hate arrogant, ignorant and probably stupid parents and their spoilt kids. I promise I'll never be such a parent. Eeyew.

The happiest moment of that afternoon was probably 2.30pm, when the magic show tore the children's attention from the games. That was when I could finally sit down, grab a drink and stop smiling like a patronising idiot at the kids. But by 3pm the little devils were back at full blown and gosh, by 4pm I thought I was gonna topple over and die if I picked another ball. I almost jumped with joy when the clock struck 5 and they announced the party over.

There, I've earned my 30bucks! :D Was pretty proud of myself. And somethings are better left unsaid.

The litte boy was my heart throb of the day.
Dammit, I forgot his name though.

The girl who couldn't get enough of the game.

Netballer. (:
I sneaked her an extra stick to exchange for gifts, just for being a nettie. Heh.

The princess with a super-athlete shooting poses.
She made all of us laugh quite abit. :D

The three of us. In that hideous thing called an apron.

Changed out of my ugly working outfit and went to meet Cynthia dear right after that! I haven't seen her in so long! The last time I met her, it was still in my Commonwealth uniform. You can imagine how long ago that was. Heh.

We ate Xiao Long Bao! Crystal Jade's always good. But there was way too much food because we couldn't share the noodles as Cyn refused to eat anything except her Chilli Beef or something, and I don't eat chilli at all. Haha. And then we walked to Esplanade to digest our food and went up to the roof garden. The funniest conversation took place.

When I said, "You sure you wanna go to the Roof Garden? It's full of Mats (Malay gangsters).

Cyn went like, "Really? Nah, I don't think so."

10 minutes later we realised that she thought I was talking abt MUD. Hahaha!

Of course, the meeting of two major camwhores bring about a million click of both our cameras. I absolutely love sitting without having to do anything or say anything, yet catch up on the whole year. It was a lovely, lovely night with my favourite Jap class bitch. (:

The Colour Series.


The Black and White Series.

The Sepia Series.
The PINK Series!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment