Thursday, May 31, 2007

balance

balance

Today was gooooood. Mainly because I didn't totally waste the day away by stoning on my bed or reading until i fall sleep! Hahaha and because I got to spend time with all my girls. :D

Woke up at 11.15am and went "OH SHIT!" because I was supposed to meet Shu & Mel at Holland V at 11am to study. Haha! Then I took my own sweet time to shower and have breakfast because Daddy said he'll give me a ride since he's dropping by home to pick up some papers or something. And when he walked in the door at 12.20pm, he said "Sorry! I need to rush off to an urgent meeting. I forgot."

Of course I pouted and gave him the unhappy daughter's face. Heh. Then he offered to pay for my cab ride AND I STUPIDLY, STUBBORNLY said NO, I'll take a BUS. I regretted the moment he left house. How stupid, HOW STUPID!

So anyways I took a super long bus ride to school to look for my pencilcase and collect some GP work. AND NOOOOO, I COULDN'T FIND MY PENCILCASE. ))): But then again, I forgot to check the Lost&Found section. Hahaha. I really hope it's there! Took a cab down to Holland because the weather was at melting temperature, if not higher. Gosh.

When I reached the cafe next to Swensens (or somewhere along that stretch), I looked around, couldn't find Shu & Mel, and went upstairs. Still I couldn't find them, but saw Lydia and some other AC peeps. So I called Shu and asked her where was she.

"Where are you?"

"Coffeebean! You?"

"Yeah, I'm here too but I don't see you!"

"Huh? I don't see you too!"

"Coffeebean right?"

"Yeah, Coffeebean --"

Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. Lydia said "Uhh Mengqi this is STARBUCKS." Zomgx I wanted to dig a hole and jump right in. So freaking embarassing! Hahaha. So thankful Lydia was there! Imagine some stranger listening to my conversation on the phone and realising how dumb I was! It must have been the sun, I swear. Addled my poor brains.

Studying was not bad, even though we kept pausing to chitchat in between. Haha. We all have very short attention spans. Despite that I still think that it's the most productive day so far. I did a whole lot of Math! Okay fine, it's only Tutorial 29 but hey, it's a start for someone who hasn't touched Math homework in awhile. Heh.

Went off at about 6 to meet Vannie to go to Bev's place together. It was supposed to be a hockers' sleepover/clubbing session that I just got back from. But I neither clubbed nor stayed over. Haha. Decided that I don't wanna get Mummy pissed off so early in the holidays even though Bev's house is only 5minutes away. Well, it was heaps of fun while it lasted anyways! :D

After being couch potatoes for the longest time, somehow we started talking about arcades & Para Para's & DDR's. Bev remembered that she has a DDR mat at home so she took it out for us to try. Omigosh, that was it. Loud music and floor stomping and non-stop giggling and laughing and screaming. Hahaha. It's like pseudo clubbing and you only move your legs. Everyone should look at Shiyan do her thing! Haha! Then Sammie & Fang got the hang of it and they were both damn good - with scores over 10million okay.

Then 9++ the clubbers left and we started playing mahjong. Gosh, I am the SUCKER at mahjong, we found out. Firstly, I stack the tiles really slowly. While I was trying to lift up my tiles (cos they were facing down), it slided forward and pushed the lower deck of the tiles in front of me and I got my tiles mixed up! Hahaha. Secondly, I always forget to draw the first tile before I discard. Thirdly, I have problems counting the bamboos and the dots. Once I ate Karen's 5 dots so that I have 567 in sequence for the dots tiles, and then after awhile I realised I didn't have 7 at all! It was 5, 6, 8. Hahaha! And nobody realised. And most importantly, I NEVER WIN!!! The closest I get is when I wait for a pair, and had to throw out either 1 or 2. I chose to throw 1 and wait for another 2. The next card I get 1.

But keep playing with me okay! I'll get better at it. Wah, I realise how hard it is to describe the game of mahjong. Hahaha.

Oh, and I figured there's something freaking wrong with my sense of touch! When we moveD on to drinking games, whereby we pick a tile at random and try to figure out what's on the tile simply but feeling it, I KEPT GETTING IT WRONG! Even the simple ones like ONE DOT, I guessed "FA CHOY!" Gosh.

And I finally headed down and grabbed a cab home after I won ONE ROUND. Hee.

Kaiyi & meeeeee!

Vannie doing her thing; couch potatoes & our mahjong table.

Hahaha taitai wannabes.

Mahjong queens!


Pictures courtesy of Kaiyi! I forgot my camera. Haha. Okay, I was actually going to end the entry here but OMG my mom is looking at the photos from Restless and SHE SAYS SARAH AND I LOOK LIKE AHLIANS!!! I say 'NO, WHERE GOT?' and she says 'GOT, EVERYTHING FROM FRINGE TO FACE.' Ahhhhh! I want to die. My own mother is saying I look like an AhLiAnxXx. Okay, now she looks at a picture of me in an orange tube with orange cushions behind me and she exlaims 'EH, YOU NAKED AH?' So she finally realises I'm wearing the orange tube, she says 'Cheh, I thought you used the cushion to cover yourself or something.' I half-shrieked 'You think I'm mad ah?!' She replies 'Yeah, maybe.'

MY VERY OWN MOTHER!!! But I attribute all her comments to the lack of her specs. She's 500+++degrees myopic, so there. And I suspect that she was drinking with Daddy earlier on in the evening while I was drinking cough syrup tasting Vodka at Bev's and she got high! No wonder Daddy was asleep by the time I got home. Gosh, we're a whole family of drunkards! HAHA.

Okay, the whole family will go and sleep their drunk-ness away now. I couldn't look you in the eye.


Shout-out: Daphne! ROARS. Haven't seen you in quite awhile! Hee, thanks! (: Hmm, Sarah's blue dress is from Zara and mine is from this dress shop at Far East!

Post-Script: I wanted to post 'Warning: Hockers Only (II) yesterday but Blogger couldn't handle so many pictures. Haha. Keep your eyes peeled though! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment