ACJC vs SAJC
Tuesday, 8th May 2007
0 - 0
Tuesday, 8th May 2007
0 - 0
I AM SO PROUD OF THE TEAM! We played a damn good game, pressured them and held them down, and came out with a draw. Against a team with 11 experienced players. We've got one foot into the Semis by then.
ACJC vs NJC
Thursday, 10th May 2007
1 - 1
1 - 1
Draw again? Yeah, draw again. BUT THAT MEANS WE'RE INTO THE SEMI-FINALS ALREADY!!! The one goal that our team set during the Bandar-not camp, the one dream that we wanted so badly to made come true, the one thing we've been all working so hard for. WE DID IT!
When the final whistle blew, I ran to Bev and hugged her before the entire team rushed out and got tangled up in hugs and tears and laughter. We were so proud. I cried and cried because I knew I didn't play hard enough, didn't play well enough to deserve this win. But the team deserved it. We really, really worked damn hard for this and it finally pays off. The relief, the happiness, the electrifying thrill of it all.
Especially when we finish a very bad first half, ending with a score of 0 - 1 to NJ. I felt like shit because I couldn't run. I just couldn't. My legs were rooted to the ground. Everytime I thought I'd get the interception, the NJ girl would take it off because I wasn't fast enough. When their first goal went in through a penalty corner, I just wanted the lie on the floor and die. Literally. I didn't wanna play anymore; I just want us to get into the Semis, somehow.
Then the same thing went on for the first 15minutes of the second half. I couldn't get myself out of that horrid state and felt like SHIT. I knew I wasn't playing well and I couldn't get myself to play better. When it matters the most. I really wanted it, so desperately.
And while I was tying my shoelace (which came loose like 3 times!!!), I looked up and saw the ball deflect off Sabby's reverse stick, went behind the NJ keeper, and WENT SMACK INTO THE GOAL! It was a draw! We scored!
Everyone went mad. I found energy somehow and started running for everyball, getting to the ball before the player and tackling properly. I even got the lifted balls and made a pass to Fran when the ball was in the air and ran back to tackle a player who was going into the D alone! Wah, it's a damn good feeling, I tell you. I felt empowered. I just willed myself and prayed that everyone in the team would hold, especially defence. And we did. (:
So there, we're into the Semis. OMG SEMIS!
I'm so damn happy and excited and exhilarated and proud and insane and emo and overjoyed and everything else. SO DAMN PROUD. Now we get a shot at the finals. I don't care which team is it that we're meeting. I'm just gonna run and play my heart out and give everything (I promise I will NEVER play like today ever again!) and barge into the finals. I want to, because I think we can. WE CAN!!! <3
Through it all, I really wanna thank God for holding us together, for giving us hope when we lost sight of it, for being ever so faithful, for keeping all of us safe, for giving us good weather, and for giving us this team. I wanna thank Him for watching over us, and answering all of our prayers. He's always with us on that pitch, every second of the game, pushing us along. He's never promised that it would be easy, but He has always promised that as long as we work hard and pray hard, we will get it. And we did. (: Hallelujah! I hope that we have played to glorify Him and lift His name on high in every step that we ran and every ball that we chased for. Amen.
Post-Script: More on our Island Creamery treat from Ms Tan & semi-team dinner later! (: With pictures, hopefully! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment