Saturday, September 08, 2007

glorious sunset

glorious sunset


When it first started going down...

And 5minutes later.


I think sunsets and sunrises are amazing because every single moment is different. It was sheer joy to sit alone on the beach, bundled up in my new sari-thing and watch the evening sun dip below the horizon. The warm, golden sun rays sent diamonds skidding and dancing on the water, and eventually painted the whole world a light, light gold. It was so lovely. I felt like I could get lost in that moment forever. Whoever needs soma? Haha!

But also because I decided to stay on the beach on my own while the rest went back to the chalet to bathe, I got lost. Not lost in the sunset in a figurative way, but I literally got lost. I couldn't remember which way was the shortcut back, and it was getting dark and thus even harder to figure out route to take! And when I finally found myself back at the chalet, I coudn't remember which cottage we were staying at nor the cottage number. Haha! Good thing it wasn't a crowded period, and the guy at the counter could remember where I was supposed to be. :D

And despite having known me for all my life, my mom was still pretty shocked at just how bad my sense of directions was, if I have any at all. Hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment