highs and lows of school
Honours Night rehearsal was a pain in the ass. We had to sit for 3hours clapping and getting scoldings, and 5minutes walking up on stage, bowing and then making a huge detour back. I don't like tucking in my blouse and I didn't have proper shoes so I had to steal Amanda's when I walked past her. Hahaha! Love you long time, Amanda! I miss you in Math class. ): I think Fran hopping over and sharing innocent and not-so-innocent jokes with Malone, Azmi and Mr. I'msorryIdon'tknowyourname was the highlight of the whole event. Hahaha! I'm super good at a certain kinda very funny but not so kind jokes. Hee.
School food is super super boring without the rice stall. I'm so sad about the uncle's passing on. ): What do we say to the auntie when she comes back? Will anything we say really help? I don't think I'll ever be able to handle that huge a loss. I don't think I'll have the strength to pick myself up or bring myself to think about the person without crying a hole in my heart or to stop myself from thinking of the person every single moment. I really hope that the family is way stronger than I am and is learning to come to terms with their loss.
For a good part of the year, I spent Math lessons wishing that a different teacher would walk in one day. Well, a few days ago, it happened. Let's just say that this old gentleman prefers to engage in small talk with students, discuss history and global warming and religions at lengths, share with us his teaching career and how it's all coming to an end, and everything else other than teaching us anything vaguely to do with Math. We cover one question every tutorial. I am extremely worried about my Math, seriously. I guess they say 'Be careful what you wish for". Haha.
I love how the Exam Food Ministry set up by the parents cook dinner for us every single evening without fail just so that we won't go hungry while studying into the evening. (: It's such a sweet and warm and not to mention incredibly clever gesture, and I never fail to be touched by it all. All the trouble these loving parents go through just to make our studying days less painful. Maybe because of the good food, our school is also turning into a night school - the void deck was practically packed when I left a 8pm on Monday!
It's Friday night and I'm drained of every single drop of brain juice in my head. Working towards becoming a genius in about 6 weeks is proving to be very difficult! Or maybe it has something to do with the vigorous eraser war I had with my brother, which comprises hauling those national flag erasers at each other with all your strength, building up defence with bathing towels to cushion the impact of the erasers flying towards you and picking up the ammunition around you while watching the crossfire. Haha! I'm really looking forward to this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment