family weekend
Okay, it's Sunday and while packing for school tomorrow, I came to the great realisation that I haven't done a single damned thing the whole weekend. Shit. I hate it. I always manage to waste entire weekends away somehow.
Saturday afternoon was spent sleeping because the attempted study session at Marina Square proved too boring and sleepy alone. Haha. And Saturday night was spent fighting with my parents.
And I mean a real, huge ugly fight. With alot of anger, alot of screaming and practically zero rationality.
It all began when Mommy came home late and tired, and the both of them realising they forgot that I haven't had dinner. So I had no dinner. When Mommy asked what I wanted to eat, I said 'Anything' and she said that was strung with attitude. Then Daddy told me to clear the dining table and I didn't understand why because he was still reading the papers in the back. So I ignored him then went on reading my stuffs. And Mommy went on somemore about my lousy attitude and I denied that pure existence of any. Then Daddy asked me to go fix up his phone and get him some Sudoku or something like that and for goodness's sake move off the table. I told him to wait. He nagged somemore and I got so irritated I slammed the papers shut and stormed off to my room and started throwing things around in attempt to look for Sudoku and whatnot for the Dad while he starts yelling from the end of the house for me to get my sorry ass to the dining table RIGHT THIS MOMENT and I yelled back NO I AM NOT COMING OUT AND THAT'S THAT OKAY!!! And by then I was already crying. Then my mom came in and told me to shut up because I was so rude and I said I didn't care because both of them weren't making any sense! After that I couldn't really remember what happened except that I kept yelling because it felt so good and the bad urge to pack my bag and run away somewhere and have them running after me. But I decided that I wasn't that bad a kid so I slammed myself onto the bed, plugged my iPod in at full blast playing the noisiest songs I could find and cried myself silly and screamed into the pillow until my head felt like it was going to explode before leaving the safety of my room and walked to the kitchen with my hugeass shades (because my eyes were too swollen to be seen by anyone at all) and wrecked up hair to get Panadol while ignoring my Mom's scrutiny. I think she was quite worried I might pop one too many pills actually. And the rest of the night was total darkness when I got too tired from everything and let myself fall asleep.
This morning, at seven, I let my parents coax me out of bed for an early breakfast because they said they were worried about me skipping dinner the night before. I relented after they agreed to wait for me outside while I change. Well, changing included stuffing a hairband on to my head to push back all my screwed up fringe and shades again because my eyes were almost swollen shut. I bet they were dying to laugh at me. I went straight back to sleep after breakfast because I just did not want to try keeping my swollen eyes open.
When I woke up at noon, I found 500bucks and note tucked under my pillow from Daddy - Here, for the new specs you were talking about. Omg, I felt like brattiest brat in this whole wide world. I have the bestest and most loving parents in the galaxy.
So yups, I just got back from dinner and Harry Potter with the entire family and my new (pink) specs in the making and everyone talking at normal volumes again and last night's fight all forgotten and put behind. Hee.
There, what a family weekend - the extremely good AND the extremely bad. And I realise that no matter what we say, we love each other all the same! Daddy, Mommy & the smelly little creature I call my brother, I love you all!!! Yes, that also means I'll learn and be alot less bratty and learn to keep my manners all the time when possible. (:
No comments:
Post a Comment