waiting for sunshine
It's really funny how often we complain about the heat in the country, and then spent the whole of today just waiting for the rain to stop and the sun to march gloriously out of the dark clouds and bestow us with our tanning time. But no, the rain that started in the morning lasted all through the afternoon and we were stuck indoors. It was so not as planned.
The plan was to meet at 9.30am and go to Sentosa for some Vitamin D, but at 10am I was sitting at the bus stop, cold and wet, waiting for Shiyan to come pick me up in a cab so that we can go to Phuay's house and wait for the weather to clear, hopefully. I was reduced to counting the number of Mercs, Lexus and BMWs that drove past. Heh.
This was how we ended up spending the day: Watching old movies on cable, lunch, pressing our faces against the window and watching the mini landslide dump mud into the pool, nap(we were reading magazines and then all three of us fell asleep!), various phone times, AND THEN FINALLY THE RAIN STOPPED AND THE SUN PEAKED OUT ABIT!
We grabbed our towels, tanning lotion, cameras and dashed down to the pool. As quickly as we could, we moved a couple of chairs to where the sunlight was and sat there, expecting to feel the warm sunshine. Instead all we felt was the cold drizzle and the moist wind and the weakest of sunlight. I bet the neighbours would have thought we were total idiots if they chose the look out the of the window then.
So then we got bored of sitting there in the cold and went to test the water abit and it was absolutely freezing! But being out there with our cameras already, we just had to take a few pictures before the sun went down. Oh and by the way, it was pouring after about half an hour. We were annoyed beyond words, I tell you. I just really wanna get rid of the swimsuit tanlines I've acquired over the exam period!
But I must say I'm really glad that we chose to go to Phuay's house and wait it out instead of heading straight to Sentosa. Can you imagine us three stranded on the beach with the rain pouring down, all cold and miserable? We'll probably whine ourselves to death. Haha!
The plan was to meet at 9.30am and go to Sentosa for some Vitamin D, but at 10am I was sitting at the bus stop, cold and wet, waiting for Shiyan to come pick me up in a cab so that we can go to Phuay's house and wait for the weather to clear, hopefully. I was reduced to counting the number of Mercs, Lexus and BMWs that drove past. Heh.
This was how we ended up spending the day: Watching old movies on cable, lunch, pressing our faces against the window and watching the mini landslide dump mud into the pool, nap(we were reading magazines and then all three of us fell asleep!), various phone times, AND THEN FINALLY THE RAIN STOPPED AND THE SUN PEAKED OUT ABIT!
We grabbed our towels, tanning lotion, cameras and dashed down to the pool. As quickly as we could, we moved a couple of chairs to where the sunlight was and sat there, expecting to feel the warm sunshine. Instead all we felt was the cold drizzle and the moist wind and the weakest of sunlight. I bet the neighbours would have thought we were total idiots if they chose the look out the of the window then.
So then we got bored of sitting there in the cold and went to test the water abit and it was absolutely freezing! But being out there with our cameras already, we just had to take a few pictures before the sun went down. Oh and by the way, it was pouring after about half an hour. We were annoyed beyond words, I tell you. I just really wanna get rid of the swimsuit tanlines I've acquired over the exam period!
But I must say I'm really glad that we chose to go to Phuay's house and wait it out instead of heading straight to Sentosa. Can you imagine us three stranded on the beach with the rain pouring down, all cold and miserable? We'll probably whine ourselves to death. Haha!
Waiting for sunshine.
On the balcony, waiting for Phuay to get geared up!
Hahaha deprived of our Vitamin D!
Yeah, we look that good even when we're freezing our asses out there. :D
Phuay didn't dare to go any deeper into the pool.
Hahaha look at Shiyan!
Hee we look quite happy but it was seriously damn cold!
A glam photo of Shiyan. (:
Weehee!
Getting high in the sun!
Camwhoring shifted back to Liying's room when the rain came down again. And then decided we didn't need an excuse! (:
We fooled around with the blue sari.
No comments:
Post a Comment