eye candies
Recently, I've managed to finish a book, catch a movie with Sarah and watch a musical with Sammie! It's been a feast for my eyes, and here are 3 shorts reviews that I've decided to do. (:
1. Book: Perfect Match by Jodi Picoult
Not a bad book. Very strong and ethical. The characters are gripping, especially the 5yearold sexual assault victim, Nathaniel. Nina's (mother) madness and Caleb's (father) strength tugged the story at different ends, and it's amazing how they eventually come together for each other. The twist of the plot was pretty well done, though it got abit draggy towards the end.
Also, I think the storyline and moral issues discussed were a tad too smiliar as those in her other book, Vanishing Acts. The parental voice was abit too strong for my liking as well. Overall, a good read because the characters are really well crafted; unless you're like me - in need of a break from Jodi Picoult for awhile!
2. Movie: Jumper
If you're the sort that's big on intricate plots and thought-provoking themes, give this one a miss. But if the cuteness level of the cast and thrill level of the action attract you more, then this is definitely your show. Sarah and I both enjoyed it. Haha.
The plot of Jumper was, I have to admit, a little weak. There were loopholes everywhere, and a handful of questions left unexplained at the end. Even if there were to be a sequel, I think it would be hard to fix the gaps flawlessly. The ending was well, an ending. No twist, no nothing.
The cast, however, was very good! Hayden Christensen is So CUTE. I think I was ogling at him more than I was actually watching the show. Hahaha. And Rachel Bilson, is well, Rachel Bilson. My favourite girl from The O.C! I liked her better with Adam Brody (Seth in O.C) though! Hmm, but this girl seems to have the tendency to date her co-actor on set huh. Oh wells!
3. Musical: Grease by NTU Hall 3
It was a very light-hearted and funny affair! Although the standard wasn't as professional as Broadway or ACSian Theatre's, you could see that both the cast and the audience were having alot of fun.
Amanda (my netball senior) played the lead role of Sandra Dumbrowski has an excellent voice! I loved all her solos, and she pulled off both the innocent and later confident looks really well. :D The Burger Palace Boys were hilarious, and the Pink Ladies, were a good mixture of cute and bitchy girls.
It was a very good night for Sammie and me! (:
No comments:
Post a Comment