mahjong saturday
On the pretext of Chinese New Year, I invited the girls, Yiting, Peiyan, Fran and Kaiyi over for a late steamboat lunch and some Taitai training time. Pity Sarah couldn't come cos of work. This work thing is very annoying!
I was actually thinking of a bigger group, but any bigger than this I think it might be a weird mix. So it was just the closes friends, and I think we had pretty good fun! :D
First there was the ouching and OMGing and awwing during lunch because of the oil that splattered once in awhile from the BBQ plate on the steamboat. We should have taken a video of Yiting! She jumped so high she almost went through the roof, serious. Mommy couldn't stop laughing at us sissies. Hahaha. Credit goes to her for the delicious meal!
On the pretext of Chinese New Year, I invited the girls, Yiting, Peiyan, Fran and Kaiyi over for a late steamboat lunch and some Taitai training time. Pity Sarah couldn't come cos of work. This work thing is very annoying!
I was actually thinking of a bigger group, but any bigger than this I think it might be a weird mix. So it was just the closes friends, and I think we had pretty good fun! :D
First there was the ouching and OMGing and awwing during lunch because of the oil that splattered once in awhile from the BBQ plate on the steamboat. We should have taken a video of Yiting! She jumped so high she almost went through the roof, serious. Mommy couldn't stop laughing at us sissies. Hahaha. Credit goes to her for the delicious meal!
And then there was Fran trying to communicating with my Mom with her New Zealander Chinese. Hahaha. During which, she revealed the Chinese name she would have been given if she had been a boy. Fran, I'm sure we're all glad you're YingLi, right? (;
After lunch, Yiting left for volunteer work, which left the 4 of us... Just nice for mahjong! Peiyan was the grandmaster, busy teaching us and spotting my Fake Win. Hahaha. Kaiyi, you need to pick the game up and kick my brother off the table! Can you believe that my 12yrold brother played with us?? Haha!
Taitais in training! :D
It was a gambling den at SongHui's place! Everything from Blackjack to Mahjong to In Between. I think I won abit of money at Blackjack, and then lost them all at mahjong. Hahaha. Songhui just kept on winning at everything! And ShengChuan won enough for his cab ride home. Me? Where did you think their winnings come from!
I think I'm beginning to understand why adults can stay up mahjong-ing for nights on no end because we only headed home at about 1am. The excitement when you're calling for one tile to win! The urge to smile and the need to keep your face expressionless! And maybe, as Fran puts it, "It makes me feel mysterious!" Hahaha!
Me, vaining away at the mirror while Peiyan handed me everything I need, one by one.
More mahjong at Songhui's house. Hahaha.
Peiyan and the little drooling king. So cute!


No comments:
Post a Comment