Friday, October 12, 2007

baccalaureate's

baccalaureate's service

There was an extra bounce in my steps as I headed to school for the last time as an official student of ACJC. It didn't even matter that I was still lazy with sleep, or that the early morning traffic was a pain. I just wanted to get to school very much (after skipping two mornings). I targetted to be earlier than usual, and failed miserably as usual. Haha, some things just don't change, I guess.

It felt like Valentine's Day when I stepped into the hall. Flowers, balloons, cookies, chocolates, cards, camera flashes, hugs, screams, and everything that says "I love you so much, my friends." It was abit overwhelming, until I found my own classmates right in the front! (: Cos then I get my share of love! Haha. I also immediately knew that it was gonna be hard sitting through the whole Service without crying.

The choir sang the National Anthem louder than usual. I opened my mouth to say the Pledge instead of just slapping my fist over my heart in silence. The teachers led worship and at some points in time I just had to look down and block everything out or else I'd have cried. We talked and giggled and took a whole bunch of photos. There were various speeches and I loved Mr. Lu Ming Yaw's (I hope I got the nice guy's name right) teary one and Ms. Tan's light-hearted one. They made a slideshow for us and I wished I was less lazy and sent in photos. The captains, vice-captains, presidents and vice-presidents went on stage to led "Find Us Faithful" and the College Anthem. Fran, Kaiyi and I hid behind the tall boys because we didn't really know how to sing. Service ended with "Friends Are Friends Forever" and omg it was so freaking hard not to cry and I just had to squeeze in between the aisle to go stand with Sheryll, Shu and Mel. I love you girls! (: Everyone went mad and stood on chairs and folded the programme into paper planes and flew them all around. Mr. Joel Mak warned us about the danger of planes flying into our eyes. Hahaha. It was a very warm and touching affair.

Then the Arts Fac trooped to LT2 for our very own exclusive mini-Baccalaureate's thing. I think it was very thoughtful of the Arts Council to organise it for us, a get together for the coolest people in the school. :D Haha! But honestly we do have a coolass Arts Faculty, and one of the best in Singapore, I daresay. It's a creative, fun, vibrant, cosy and different Faculty and I am very proud to have been part of it, even though I'm no artsy-fartsy girl. Cheers for us Arts people! (: And the general public should STOP thinking we're dumber than the Science kids because we are simply not. Try writing 6 A-grade Lit essays for your freaking A levels! Haha!

After that it was a mad rush around school to get pictures taken with everyone along the way. I kept losing my classmates and it was so super tiring to run all over the plce looking for them only to lose them again. Hahaha. Camwhoring has never been such a huge issue. After an hour and about a hundred pictures later, we were finally out of school. Oh oh, and the stupid boys decided that we're going out by the backgate AFTER I rushed all the way to the front gate to look for them! We had to scale the gate in our school skirts and it was the most unglam thing with lots of squeals and screams and OMGTHEWIND! Haha to think the last time I did that was during the first three months.

Lunch at Vivo with the class and we ate at some exorbitantly priced place with unimpressive food. Haha. Pranced around and browsed through the much-missed favourite shops of F21, Topshop, River Island and such before sharing a cab back with Shu since I just couldn't figure out how to get to Yiting's place by bus. Heh.

It was a good day, and a good 2 years. I love AC! And here are the photoooos. The rest are here.

The teachers leading Worship. Oh, I'm gonna miss Chapel.

All the J2 teachers singing some song for us. (:

IVAN THE MARIKITA BOY!

Hahaha us fooling around.

Yay I love these girls! (:

See, everyone got crazy and stood on their chairs!

Hahaha I was sufficiently crazy too.

I like this picture!

With the two Fencers!

Hockey people. (:

The BEST PE teacher!

Phuay Phuay Phuay. Phuay Liying!

Me, Shu, Wen, Carol, Mel & Sheryll!

Sarah and I with Max and Hugo.

Hahaha with the COOLEST Econs + Form teacher!

My two small friends - Shiyan and Ashley. (:

Oops, I got my J the wrong way. HAHA.

Ambrose! And Sarah looks like my second head popping out.

Sammie Sammie, I love you! (:

Vice-Captains! So glad for you, love.

HweeYi, Peiyan, me, Joyce and Sijay at the back.

The famous twin models, one of which our annoying classmate. :D

With Adeline!

Bevvvvy! My OG mate and left back. (:

Marc Malone! I like this boy's name. Haha.

Shahboo & Mel!

Hahaha climbing the backgate.

Superstars! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment