Yiting came over today to study because Saturdays can get noisy and crowded and annoying anywhere on our tiny little island, since most people have the free time to actually go out and do something. Unlike us. Haha.
Between the two of us, we managed to do a quarter of an Econs essay and read a few pages of the Great Expectations analysis thingie. Haha go figure. That's despite the fact that we moved out of my room from all the distractions into the living room. We ended up doing more Friendster-ing and looking at old photos and just talking and talking than we planned to.
We checked out random people on Friendster and looked at nice pictures on blogs just to escape reality and to make ourselves feel better about our lives. We laughed through prom pictures and wondered why we all looked less than we hoped to and remembered names that's slipped through our minds and fretted over what to wear for the next prom and how we're gonna find dresses that are flattering because everything's turning to flabs while we lock ourselves up in attempt to study. We talked about why people are throwing themselves into commitments head first and figured perhaps it's really because nothing around us is really for certain anymore and people just need something steadfast to hold on to.
I wonder if I'm actually one of them, just that I've disguised myself by turning the other way. I'm think in a way I'm refusing to commit into anything or anyone. Sometimes it's easier fleeting from pebble to pebble, instead of believing that you can really anchor yourself on to one rock in particular. Because when it fails you, that's no way you can fight the rapids that will carry you into a plunge pool so deep you won't ever be able to fight your way to the surface again.
Okay, I think I'm reading too much Jodi Picoult and analysing too many melodrama moments from my Lit texts. And studying makes me emo. Boo.
But nevertheless days like this I'm extremely glad for friends who would waste afternoons with me and mull over life and laugh over ridiculously late birthday presents. I think I'd better go make up for all the lost time of genius-making right now! Were we really that close? It's almost hard to remember.
For keeping me sane. (:
No comments:
Post a Comment