
Even though I don't like to run generally, jogging has been really good for me during the exam period. Firstly and most importantly, it stops me from growing into too huge a blob of fats. Hahaha. It also takes my mind off things and burn off all the pent-up energy from studying the whole day. I simply cannot just be coped up at home all day long and therefore getting out of the house in the evening is a good thing. It's also a good way to relax the day before a paper, and it helps me sleep better at night. :D Wow!
I've been dragging my brother along with me, and ocassionally he rides the bike while I jog because we think the route to the park in the next estate is abit too long for the 11yrold to cope. But today, he bugged me to go jogging with him instead! Like, both of us run there and back. I was quite worried that we'll be stranded halfway cos it's really quite far, but THAT BOY RUNS FASTER THAN ME! Omg. Hahaha okay he runs ahead and then stops to walk abit while I catch up and then he runs ahead again, but still, woah!
Have I mentioned that I really like the park there? (And that I got lost for an entire hour the first time I headed there because I was without my phone and money. Hahaha!) It's like a route around a huge field and there's another huge field on the other side before the treeline starts. Sometimes when the sky is cloudless and vast I feel like I've reached the end of the world. (: Very good for the soul. I keep thinking I'll head down earlier one day with my camera to get a nice picture but I just cannot get out of the house before 6.30pm. Haha. And I'm abit apprehensive about jogging with a camera without looking like a total idiot. Yes, even for me. :D
Anyways! We saw this couple having a picnic in the middle of the huge grasspatch and I was telling my brother, see people do have picnics! (A few days ago I went mad and ask him to bring lunch down to the grassy areas to have a picnic with me and he looked to the ceiling and said "My sister is siaosiao. She wants to copy Banglas." Hahaha.) And he said "Must be bangla and maid la." At 11yrsold!! I can't believe how childish and grownup my brother can be at the same time sometimes.
Well, to back his case, the couple were sitting next to the big drain that runs in the middle of the field. There were benches at the exercise park, there was the edge of the field facing the other field where people fly model aeroplanes and kites, there were so many other options but they chose to sit facing the DRAIN. I told Luddy and she said "Maybe they're planning to get IN the drain after it gets dark..." Hahaha!
Now I'm just glad I'm the one running past and not the one having the crazy romantic picnic. :D But I STILL want to go to the Botanic Gardens to have a nice, non-drainside picnic after the exams!
No comments:
Post a Comment