Saturday, November 24, 2007

of dreams and imagined worlds

of dreams and imagined worlds


Two centuries ago, studying for Prelims at Coffeebean!

Sarah and I spent the afternoon studying at Coffeebean today! It was rather good (beats staying at home and going mad anytime) except that the Coffeebean staff have gotten so much bitchier! Bleah, I'm in a good mind to type a complaint letter now but that's another issue.

The whole time the both of us just felt like we were floating away (okay, at least me) to the other worlds of our books. Hahaha. Every toilet trip I make is like a tour back in our world. It's such a queer feeling! Like... like there's more than one dimension or something!

When I was drifting off to sleep the other day, I had the strangest feeling that I was actually physically drifting off to another space and time! Have you ever had one of those dreams that is a continuation of another? I get that so often! Like, I've dreamt of staying in another house more than once. I distinctly remember an old and vacant room at the opposite side of the house with a dirty bathroom that no one uses. That room is left empty because the pool water from the neighbour's house keeps spraying into the room, so we left it as a guest room. The rest of the house is nearly identical as the real one, except that I would only remember that room when friends come over (in my dreams)! And I dream of it once in awhile such that it feels like a... holiday house in Lalaland?

Another frequent dream of mine is that of my old house. Because it's just two streets away (I know, don't ask why we even moved), I always dream that I'd go back to the wrong house and realising that the TV and all are there but my bed is not there! Or like, going to the new house and realising that I have to go back to the new house to bathe because my clothes are there! Or like, someone walking me home and me realising that crap, we're at the wrong house! It's always a different scenario but the same things happen. And I always wake up to a very, very queer feeling.

The thing about these dreams, is that they feel damn real. The very texture of the clothes that I'm wearing, the temperature of the air, the sounds of the road, the conversations that we strike... So that eventually these dreams don't differ much from real events in the memory space of the brain.

Do you, then, think that we might exist in another dimension separately altogther? Or perhaps we are really characters in someone's computer game? Or perhaps we only really exist in our minds?

Hahaha okay I've really been doing too much Lit for one afternoon. Way past my usual 2 or 3hrs, thus my floating brain and detached existence. But it is an interesting thought huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment