the santa claus approach
A few days back, when I was playing the role of the Midnight Msner (ie being online in the middle of the night), a random guy offered me a "gift out of randomness". Those words are from the horse's mouth okay, after I rejected his first suggestion of a birthday present since my birthday is technically pretty far away.
I had a feeling his idea of gifts had something to do with jewellery, because moments ago he was desperately trying to sustain a conversation on diamonds and stars while I was getting ready to go offline.
Anyways, I got abit freaked out over the "gift out of randomness" thing, and this was how the rest of the conversation went:
H: Then can I offer you a gift out of randomness?
M: Thanks, but I don't think so. We don't even know each other!
H: Well, did Santa Claus know you before he sent you your present?
I was like OMG!!! That is clever and freaky at the same time! What if this is a serial internet stalker who has like an encyclopedia of Online Pick Up Lines in front of him! Then I searched my brainy brain for something witty and embarassing to shoot back at him. (I'll shall share the How He Ended Up on My MSN List Story later.)
M: Well, if you would be so kind as to drop it down my chimney, then why thank you.
H: Hmm, then you gotta enlighten me on where on earth is your chimney?
(That ass had the cheek to ask for my address!)
M: Hmm, I don't remember Santa Claus asking for my address before sending me my gift! Anyways, I think I'll go sit by the fireplace now, Bye!
Hahaha! I was rather pleased with my reply. :D I hope the stupid stalker is utterly embarassed. But seriously, it was a tad too freaky and got me thinking about accepting unknown friends on Friendster. I'm typing all these now because I took the advice of a friend and changed the password to the spare account I have (so that my friends without Blogger can read this, and I stupidly gave it to him when he asked!), deleted him off my Friendster account and changed the settings to One Degree Friends Only, blocked and deleted him off my Msn and took some pictures off Friendster as well.
So here's how I ended up with him on my MSN list.
Initially he added me on Friendster. His profile had only a baby picture, and his name was Marc Ong. Even after he aded me on Msn and started chatting with me, I thought he was the rugger Mark Ong from our school all along! (Even the baby photo bears abit of resemblance okay.) And that guy just pretended to be Mark Ong all the time because I think it was pretty evident that I mistook him for someone else when I asked "Are you Mark Ong?" the first time I chatted with him! And he just played along when I talk about school and stuffs!
OMG!!! What insolence! Hahahaha. I love this standard Hong Kong drama serial court intrigue line.
All was well until one day it struck me that, this guy is WEIRD! He doesn't sound like Mark Ong and is just plain weird! So I decided to check out his Friendster profile again and realised FREAK, HE'S FROM RV THEN CJC AND IS IN THE ARMY NOW! (At least that's what the profile says. We'll never know the truth.) Schoolmate my ass.
From then on I only reply him once in awhile when I'm in a good/polite mood. That is, until he wanted to be the non-Christmas season Santa Claus, and when I saw at least 7 "WHO ARE YOU?" comments on his first-page Friendster profile.
Freaky Internet!
No comments:
Post a Comment