Sunday, July 16, 2006

as exciting as school can get

as exciting as school can get

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for Friday to arrive! Just because it signifies the end of the week. Trying my best to attend all the lessons and coming to school on time everyday has proven to be very taxing with three days of netball. That explains the lateness of this entry.

So my long-awaited Friday morning started off with the 98.3 Live Radio Forum on the topic of "Native Speakers of the English Language - the Right Move?". If you're not a total current-affairs idiot, you should have heard about the comments regarding employing more native speakers of the English Language made by our Minister of Education, Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnum made. (Weehee! For once I sound so smart eh? =D) So that has raised some hackles and the radio station decided to host their forum in our school. Well, I played my role at the forum by clapping with Shu, Francine, Carol and 150 other people everytime the Forum came on. Lols.

And then there was the Blood Donation Drive! I decided to give blood on an impulse when Fran asked me if I wanted to go with her. I FELT SO BRAVE because I would have never done soemthing like that a few years back! But Sarah was very, very, very freaked out when I told her to come and find me at the Hub after her PW (yes, skipping PW with the horrible old psycho Dino was one of the incentives of giving blood!). She sounded like she was gonna cry on the phone and she later told me her entire class was listening to the conversation and everyone was laughing at her. Haha. Poor dear!

So anyway, after Fran and I ASKED FOR PERMISSION (see, I told you I'm gonna be a good girl already), off we went! Saw some of my classmates, even the unexpected ones, like Mel! But the nurses decided that her vein was too small, and therefore she couldn't donate blood. And there was Sheryll, Yan, WengKin, Sarah B and May, who really wanted to donate, but couldn't because she just recovered from a fever. And WengKin was really funny as usual. When his blood bag (is that what you call it?) was almost filling up and no one came to attend to him, he was positive that his arm was gonna burst, followed by the bag. Hahaha.

And my own experience of donating blood was DAMN BLOODY PAINFUL! Literally. Due to my weak/invisible veins, the nurse couldn't find the damn vein. First she checked the left hand, and then switched the right. And the poking started. The nurse poked the needle in, moved it around abit under my skin, took it out and poked it in again. Unsatisfied. Took it out and poked it in again. The process of poking the needle in and taking it out and poking repeated at least 20times before she found the right spot. And according to Sarah (I didn't dare to look), the needle was as thick as a TOOTH PICK! Gosh! While the nurse was trying to find my vein, my blood just kept flowing out, trickling down my arm. I was so close to giving up, because it was really hurt like mad. But well, for the sake of saving some hunk someday with my blood and the hunk would be so grateful to me he would find me and marry me and we'll live happily ever after!

Oh yea, and I discovered that my blood is unhealthy. During the blood test, the nurse would drip your blood into this container of blue chemical, and everyone's blood sank, except mine. The few drops of red things just floated happily on the surface. Haha. That's cos my blood is rather low in iron, but not low enough to rank my blood as un-donate-able. =D


The pretty bandage, which was another incentive. =)
My poor arm, after removing the bandage.
Look at that wasted blood.
I was a brave, brave girl, along with many other life-savers!

For those of you who have never donated blood before, please don't be freaked out by my experience. It's only me, with my lousy veins. Everyone else said it was painless, and it feels really good to know that you may have saved the life of a stranger.

After that I went to town with Sarah. She was extra nice and thoughtful because of the blood loss. Haha. I really shoud do this more often. Hee. Anyway, we saw heaps of eyecandies around! Sarah's eyecandy works at Stussy @ Pacific Plaza. She was so shy around him that she didn't even dare to ask him for the size of this pair of shorts we liked. Lols! In the end I asked and he smiled at me! Okay la, quite cute! Haha.

And me, I hereby declare NewUrbanMale as my favourite shop! Even though I don't own anything from there. Hahaha! But the salespeople there are majorly cute! Especially the ones at the new outlet at the Cathay Cineplex. I found a new eyecandy there! And he actually talked to us! Like, "Hey, you guys from AC ah? My collegue also!" I share go out in school uniform EVERYDAY. =D

Oh and the Ben & Jerry's Cafe at the Cineplex is really nice! They have singing gigs in the evenings on weekends on the small and cosy stage. We saw more cuties! Haha. Some guys sang "Be Like That" and the lead singer's voice was sooo good, and the drummer and gituarist were both quite hot! Hee. Two girls sang "Almost Here" and now I'm absolutely stuck to the song! Forgive me if you hear me singing the same old 10 lines over and over again! I never knew how far behind I've left you.

No comments:

Post a Comment