There was a surprise farewell party for Fang at Gerry's place yesterday. Half the sports people were there - the netballers, the hockers and the throwers, and it was nice to see all of them sitting together and having fun.
Anyway, when Kah Yee said "Fang's reaching!", we performed the best evacuation ever. All of us jumped up to our feet and made a mad dash for our various hiding places. Some outside the living room, some upstairs, and some in the toilets. Lols. And when Gerry finally brought her in, we yelled "SURPRISE!"
After one round of eating, we screened the video that was made for her, featuring different people in school who had something to say to Fang. It was all very sweet. After that I played bluff with some of the netballers and the hockers, and the game went on forever! Sandy, Gaby and Charissa were left with like one deck of cards each. Lols. Pamela and Charissa make lousy partners for the game. They kept busting the wrong people and ended up with more and more cards. Hahaha. Gaby said she felt bad bluffing and always admit it when she doesn't have the card that was in play. Lols.

It was one very heartwarming afternoon. And watching everyone laughing and smiling, I thought Fang's like this big friend, bringing everyone together, without anyone feeling leftout or un-needed. It's so amazing how she reaches out to so many people in school, so many lost J1s like myself, and makes everyone her friend. Such a big heart to accept everyone, and go out of the way to make someone's day a better one. I love her big bear hugs and her funny ways, her jokes and her jacking. Fang, I'm so gonna miss you! Your comforting big-shot presence, hanging around with you at the Void Deck, those warm hugs after horrible Econs lectures, seeing you around during our killer trainings with the bench in one hand and the cooler in another, you stealing my fruits, you calling me Ah Meng, and just you, someone who's always there for everyone. You are extraordinary, really. School's gonna be so different without you around. I've always hated goodbyes. Especially the one I said to you.
And I'll miss you so damn much. =(
No comments:
Post a Comment