Sunday, July 30, 2006

my happy angry weekend

my happy angry weekend

Gosh! I just gave my brother his weekly English tuition. I almost died of heart attack! After all these sessions and 4 years of education, his compositions are still atrocious! He's already Primary 4 and he still writes things like "breaked", "tooked", "drips of water". And not to mention the plot of his compostions. The topic I picked for him today was something like "You went to school on a Saturday for extra lessons, only to find the school empty." Guess what did he write?

My school was bombed by fighter jets. It was all empty except for mice scurrying around.

Just when I reminded him SECONDS before that his storyline has to be realistic and believeable - meaning that it is possible in reality. My goodness. I really didn't know what to say. The worst thing is, he doesn't see what's wrong with his essay and he doesn't see why he has to discuss his plot before writing his essay. He insists on finishing his essay before showing it to me and would rather rewrite essays than to discuss his ideas with me. SOMEBODY SAVE ME! So now I have another exciting essay waiting to be marked.

I swear I will NEVER be a teacher.

On a less blood-pressure-raising note, I went to town with Shiyan yesterday, in hope of doing a teeny weeny bit shopping and a few hours of studying. But then it ended up with NO studying at all. Attempt failed. Again. Lol. Firstly, it was because we were supposed to meet at 2pm, but being late queens, of course we had perfect reasons to be late, and ended up meeting at 3.15pm at Jurong East. Haha. Secondly, after we reached town, time just FLEW by.

Anyway, met Ashley, Quikz, Ronald and Shawn (Eng Fook) for dinner at NYDC. Heaps of dumb blonde jokes and idiotic riddles went around the table. We found out at Shiyan is very good at answering the dumbest riddles. Haha she gets them all correct! Yes, the very same Shiyan who went down the upcoming escalator even though Sarah and I were walking in front of her and went to the down-going escalator. I had no idea why she didn't follow us. And according to her, she almost died because the escalator threw her back and she flew off the thing. Even though I was quite sure I didn't see Shiyan flying. Lol. Memories are everywhere; there's no place to hide.

Tribute to all Scouts! Haha!
Oh yes, Jayce brought us to the coolest toy shop around town! It's called The Better Toy Shop at Taka. They have the prettiest things! With the prettiest prices. That's why, ladies, we all need rich hubbies. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment