Sunday, July 16, 2006

tourists for a saturday

tourists for a saturday

I went suntanning again! Weehee it's like the best ladies-only activity next to retail therapy. Okay wait a minute, maybe they're equally good! =D

Sarah called at 7.30am to wake me up (yes, that early for suntanning) and I was really reluctant to crawl out of bed because I was so damn tired from one week of school. I fell asleep sitting on the toilet bowl for like 10 minutes. Hahaha. But we were supposed to meet at 9am at Habour Front. And because it was the gathering of Late Queens, in the end Ashley was the earliest. At 10am. Shiyan reached at about 10.20am. And me, I was still at Jurong East at 10.20am with Sarah. Hahaha. In the end we Ashley and Shiyan went to Palawan first and we just met them there.

The terrible taxi driver didn't where Palawan was and drove round and round and round Sentosa while the meter just ticked! In the end I told him to just drop us at Siloso and we took a tram there. Started taking pictures on the tram and felt like tourists! Haha I am really glad that Singapore has such a pretty island retreat.

I don't know what made them decided to cross over the island oppsite, which requires you to walk across the very shaky bridge. I got seasick just walking across. Lols! The weather was damn nice! All sunny and hot, perfect for tanning, even though it was drizzling when I left house in the morning. I would have stayed all day if Ashley didn't have something on in the afternoon. I just love lying on the beach under the sun. Makes me feel like Jessica Alba in the making. =D

Local tourists getting exciting on the tram! =D

Typical tourist behaviour. Haha.

There was foam-snow at Palawan!

This was rather corny.
We just stood there, taking turns to be the camera.
Thought it was exactly the same background. Haha.

Miss Universe 2006
Miss Italy. Miss Hawaii. Miss Brazil. Miss France.
Please say Miss Italy has a nice flower!
I went through quite a bit to pluck it from the bed of flowers in front of the beach bar okay!

We couldn't resist. Hahaha!

After that we went to HabourFront Hawker Centre for lunch with Jon and his cute brother. The chicken rice is a sure thumbs-up! Then Ashley and Jon went off for some Muay Thai performance and the rest of us headed to the Cathay Cineplex to get Sarah's adidas jacket! There were must-take-pictures posters there! I like. =D (Oh no, I can't post the pictures up!)

Then we went to meet Chris Lim cos he needed to do some shopping desperately. Haha first time eh, coming from a guy. We were all damn tired for some reason or another, and we had a chop-chop shopping session. For the first time, shopping wasn't really appealing for all three of us. Haha. We were done in quite a short time, and went to look for a place to sit down to rest our poor legs. But turned out town was so crowded all the Starbucks and Coffeebeans and Coffee Clubs we went to were full. So Sarah, Shiyan and I went to the airport early to send Fang off.

I really, really wish Fang didn't have to go. But we all know it's for the better, and for the sake of the future. Well, we'll all miss her but like she says, hey, no biggie! Australia isn't all that far when we keep her in heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment